Saturday, September 12, 2009

One step back

Well, I had the code for doing a REST-POST(single or arrayed) as I have previously described completely done. Then I learned what SVN and backups should be good for :-(

I found out a way to switch two files, do my normal neurotic 1 save/min, and end up with only one of two files that I had written. Since I had been working on it 4-6 hours a day, in addition to my full time job, I was exhausted and despondent after doing it.

So, I stepped back, relaxed, and decided to skip the temporary functional style design and go straight to Symfony. I am reading all I can on REST a la Symfony. I don't totally agree with what I've seen, and especially, from the founder of Symfony. However, he is much better at using his framework than I am ;-) So I will keep an open mind as I try to do it, 'my way'. (see previous posts on this blog)

I am just about to see start a micro project to test two things:
1/ How to use the crsf token that Symfony generates in a REST environment.
2/ If the sfWebRequest object contains the Method used to access the script, and see if I can actually at least use single JSON DELETE/POST.

Someday, I am going to pay someone to hack PHP and allow the $_POST variables to be filled during POST/DELETE/PUT/GET methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment